A few years ago ChangeFirst surveyed 200 change agents and found a 25% gap between how change agents rated the importance of a skill to their work and their own personal skill levels. We’re in over our heads! Consider these questions to help close that gap:
- Do you have a set of consistent change tools, processes and techniques that work?
- Do you have a set of change agents with the right skills to ensure that those are applied effectively on change projects?
- Do you have formal processes to select and develop change agents?
- Do you have executive support?
- Do you get feedback on a regular basis?