From The Change Book:
- Define the point of the story: What do you want to prove?
- Identify the hero and what that person wants (the founders of our company, the big shot in operations, etc)
- Determine the conflict the hero must overcome to get what he wants (market downturn, new competitor, customers leave)
- Determine the decision the hero must make to change the status quo (diversify, reorganize, change strategy)
- Describe the result (increased ROI, selling up the value chain, etc) and how the story is resolved.
- Call to action – get others emotionally engaged and get them to act.