Looking for the latest thinking in change management? Here are three interesting change management happenings:
As agencies reorganize, senior executives say they lack tools to drive change As agencies prepare to reorganize and find new ways to rethink and restructure longstanding and outdated practices, many of government’s longest tenured, career senior executives say there’s a big, entrenched cultural challenge staring them in the face. Many senior executives say their agencies lack the inherent mechanisms they need to empower career leaders to drive meaningful, sweeping transformation across their organizations, much less across government in general.
10 tips for change management success. Change management is the discipline of leading individuals, teams and entire organizations through organizational change via a combination of behavioral and social sciences, information technology and business solutions. Here are 10 steps to success when transforming your company.
There is no business transformation without change management. At a recent conference, the keynote speaker strongly encouraged leaders to get thei change management RIGHT if they want their business transformation to be successful. A few of his key points:
- We live in uncertain times (global economic shifts)
- Profitability is getting harder to obtain (price competition)
- More companies than ever are on death watch (latest example: Toys R Us)
- Other companies are thriving while making disruptive moves (Amazon eating Whole Foods)
- To get out in front with new digital projects, companies need an effective approach to change – otherwise all the shiny new tech will falter