Do you ever wish you had easy access to a whole bunch of mentors to give you sage life advice? The new Tribe of Mentors podcast is just like that – with host Tim Ferris. There’s a book too, but hearing from the leaders themselves is way more inspiring. While there’s nothing like having a real-life mentor, this podcast explores over 200 leaders in their fields – motivations, recommendations, philosophies, etc. He asks great questions (in fact, it you want to hear Tim’s answer to these, they are here):
- What book have you been given most as a gift?
- What bad recommendations do you see in your industry?
- What purchase of $100 or less has most impacted your life?
- If you had a billboard with just one saying, what would it read?
- In the last 5 years, what new belief, behavior or habit has most improved your life?
Check out the entire list of mentors and listen to a 20 minute podcast on someone who inspires you. A few of the interesting folks he’s interviewed:
- Mr Money Mustache, a thirtysomething retiree who now writes about how we can all lead a frugal yet Badass life of leisure.
- Katrín Tanja Davíðsdóttir, 2015 and 2016 fittest woman on earth who talks about the mind being the most important part of what she does.
- Mark Benioff, CEO of salesforce.com whose willingness to use his voice, reputation — and Twitter account — as a megaphone for good and for social impact puts him at the edge of leaders using business is the best platform for change.