So often we think like victims (this is what’s being done to me, things are out of my control) v. hero/heroine mentality (this is what I CAN do to make a difference. Try these two sets of questions to get into one mentality or the other. Feel the difference!
To get into the victim mentality:
- What happened to you?
- Who did it? Who wronged yo?
- What should he have done instead?
- What should he do to correct it?
- What punishment does he deserve?
To get into the hero/heroine mentality:
- What challenge are you facing?
- How do you feel?
- What’s important to you?
- What would you like to have happen?
- What can I best do to proceed?
- How did I contribute by doing or or not doing?
- What lesson can I draw from this?